The Medical Assistant is responsible for interfacing with patients and supporting Physicians and Physician Assistants. Work is performed in a fast paced environment within tight time constraints.
- Verifies patient information via interview; recording medical history; confirming visit purpose.
- Saves physician's time by helping with routine office procedures.
- Maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding patient medical records.
- Completes diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's advice and instructions about treatment.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains job knowledge by participating in training and reading professional publications.
- Performs nursing procedures under supervision of physician or physician assistant
- Assists physician and physician assistant in exam rooms
- Escorts patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measures vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and documents all information in patient's chart
- Instructs patients as advised by physician or physician assistant
- Ensures all reports, labs and information is available in patients' records prior to appointment
- Keeps exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintains instruments etc.
- Takes phone calls and provides feedback / answers to patient, physician, pharmacy calls
- Triages / processes messages from patients, office staff to physicians, physician assistants
- Maintain all logs and required checks as needed
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and corrective action activities.
- Must successfully complete all required training.
- Must comply with all work rules, policies and procedures.
- Must comply with all safety rules and regulations and professional standards and policies.
- Provide support to other positions as needed.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administrating injections.
- Understands the process of mixing extracts
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Knowledge of the healthcare field, medical specialty at the practice and medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Record Systems
- Ability to maintain working relationships with patients and colleagues.
- Ability to complete tasks under time constraints with little supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in a team in a flexible, dependable manner.
- Professional verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to collect, maintain and analyze data.
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and families.