Guided by the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have taken a number of steps to ensure our facility remains a safe place for you to confidently receive care:
- All employees and patients must wear a mask while in control areas. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one.
- Limit the number of patients in the lobby area. Patients may wait in their car before their appointment and/or after an injection has been given. Injection patients are asked to wait 20-30 minutes in their vehicle then come back in if there are any issues.
- Each patient is pre-screened before entering the building with a common screening protocol, including a temperature check and questions about COVID-19 symptoms.
- If a patient is too sick to enter the building, a telemedicine is scheduled.
- Hand sanitizers are placed in all rooms in the building.
- Areas such as waiting rooms, lobbies and restrooms are cleaned often with special attention to frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, armrests and handrails.
- Infusion patients are scheduled and limited based on the office location.
- We are limiting the appointment to one parent per child.
Preventing Exposure to COVID-19
- Practice social distancing: Avoid crowded public areas and transportation and large events. Also, keep some distance physically, at least six feet away from others when going out in public.
- Wash your hands frequently: Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds. Keep hand sanitizer available in case there is nowhere to wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, and eyes.